Wall Repair Service in San Antonio, TX
Wall Stabilization & Wall Repair in San Antonio, TX
Cracks and damage to your home’s interior or exterior walls indicate structural problems and foundation issues. These problems will only worsen over time and can affect your home’s safety, comfort, and value. At Mitchco Foundation Repair, our general contracting specialists have decades of experience in foundation repair, wall stabilization, and wall repair in San Antonio, TX. We can do a full inspection of your home to check for signs of foundation and structural problems. We will then offer our professional opinion and recommendations for improving the structural integrity of your home. Call us today to schedule a consultation or request an estimate for drywall repair or damaged wall repair.
Signs You Need Wall Stabilization
Wall stabilization and foundation repair services can improve your home’s structural stability, reduce your risk of damage and structural problems, and address areas of risk. At Mitchco Foundation Repair, we focus on designing a customized, comprehensive plan of action for each customer that addresses their property’s specific needs and risks. Our solutions might include wall stabilization and wall repair, foundation repair, drainage correction, waterproofing, and sump pump installation. Be aware of these warning signs you need foundation repair or wall stabilization:
- Wall rotation.
- Bouncy floors.
- Drywall cracks.
- Uneven floors.
- Sagging ceilings.
- Cracks in sheetrock.
- Displaced moldings.
- Nail pops in drywall.
- Cracks or buckling in floors.
- Frames separating from brick.
- Misaligned doors or windows.
- Separation of expansion joints.
- Rotted wood on piers or beams.
- Walls pulling away from the home.
- Broken and/or cracked foundation.
- Cracked or damaged walls or bricks.
- Peeling or bubbling paint, plaster, or wallpaper.
- Erosion or shifting of landscaping around the foundation.
- Separation around the garage door, windows, and walls.
- Chimneys or porches that are separated from the rest of the house.
Common Causes of Wall Bowing & Tilting
The first signs of foundation problems or structural instability are bowing or tilting walls. Reduced wall stability can be due to:
- Wall Destabilization – Wall destabilization can occur due to any of the reasons below: hydrostatic pressure, interior water intrusion, heavy traffic, heavy loads, poor design or build, and frost-heaving.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – Hydrostatic pressure occurs when water builds up around the foundation and isn’t correctly diverted by a drainage system. This increases the volume of the soil outside the walls, causing it to push against the walls and foundation. Eventually, the walls will become bowed, tilted, or unstable.
- Interior Water Intrusion – Water and moisture damage, along with humidity, can cause masonry decay, rotting wood, mold, mildew growth, insulation damage, and pest and animal infestations that affect the structural stability of walls. The masonry or brick-and-mortar crumbles as the wall absorbs moisture and then dries.
- Heavy Traffic – Over time, heavy traffic or nearby construction can cause soil erosion and shift in the foundation, leading to wall instability.
- Heavier Loads – Heavier loads on floors, especially due to added extensions, can put pressure on walls and the ground and lead to wall bowing.
- Insufficient Wall Design or Build – Walls that are not as thick as needed about the height of the building can cause wall bowing, tilting, and instability.
- Frost-Heaving – Frequent freezing and thawing of the soil outside your home’s foundation can increase the volume of soil and cause it to push up against your walls until they bow or crack. The soil can also rise as it freezes, exerting pressure on the foundation walls and causing them to bow or crack.
Types of Damaged Walls We Repair
We are fully licensed general contractors, and we can offer professional damaged wall repair for any size or type of interior or exterior wall, including:
- Brick walls
- Poured walls
- Concrete walls
- Retaining walls
- Masonry block walls
Why Choose Mitchco Foundation Repair for Wall Repair
At Mitchco Foundation Repair, we have a team of experienced, qualified general contracting specialists. We have decades of experience in the industry and have operated our family-owned business with honesty and integrity since we opened our doors in 1997. In addition to repairs of wall cracks, we also offer foundation repair services, drainage correction and repair, and general contracting services for residential and commercial customers. Each member of our team is dedicated to professional, punctual, and quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. We are a Home Advisor Elite Service Professional, which means we adhere to the strictest industry standards. We stand by our work; everything we do is under warranty and includes annual inspections. Our goal is to provide services that improve the safety, value, and comfort of each customer’s home.
Schedule a Consultation for Wall & Drywall Repair
Call us today or contact us online to schedule a consultation for retaining wall repair and drywall repair in San Antonio, TX. We’ll send an experienced member of our team to your home to assess its condition, evaluate its structural stability, and look for signs of damage. We may recommend wall repair and wall stabilization services, foundation repair services, and drainage correction services.