Foundation Repair Servicing In San Antonio
Your foundation may sit out of sight, but it shouldn’t remain out of mind. When a foundation settles, foundation repair is required in order to stabilize your investment.
Foundation problems may start small, but can escalate quickly over time, causing permeant widespread problems and damage to the structure. MitchCo Foundation Repair is here to help you raise and level your concrete slab or pier and beam foundation in San Antonio with professional foundation repair services that always include service warranty, permits, proof of insurance, engineer’s reports, and plumbing pre and post tests.
Factors That Affect Your Foundation
There are many factors that play a role in the integrity and longevity of your foundation. Understanding the risks your foundation faces can help you take steps to minimize or reduce threats and recognize when you need foundation repair to correct an ongoing problem.
- Drainage plays an important role in foundation health. When the drainage on your property is poor or inadequate, water can pool around your foundation, causing it to heave and shift over time.
- Soils The soils on which your property rests is also an important factor affecting the integrity of your foundation. Soils often undergoes changes due to droughts and rainfall, any shifts will take your foundation along for the ride, causing settling, shifting, and other damage.
- Tree roots can burrow through the concrete of your foundation in their search for water. Over time, these roots weaken the foundation and make it more susceptible to water, which causes further damage.
- Weather can also play a part in negatively effecting your foundation. Hot and cold weather forces the soil under and around foundations to expand and contract, creating permanent separation over time.
- Plumbing When plumbing leaks occur under your foundation, this can cause heaving of the soils creating permanent shifts and settling of the foundation.
The Basics of Foundation Repair
Repairing your foundation may sound like a complex process, but with the right knowledge and tools, it can be completed quickly, effectively and affordably in order to restore your property’s value. If your foundation needs repair, don’t wait-call MitchCo Foundation Repair at (210) 635-7577 to schedule an evaluation so we can get started on foundation repair, or drainage correction, or interior and exterior basement waterproofing today.
- Your contractor will perform a thorough evaluation of your property to determine the extent of the foundation damage.
- In most cases, if the foundation has experienced settling, your foundation will need to be leveled in the appropriate areas of influence, which involves underpinning and raising the superstructure by means of pilings or piers and hydraulic jacks.
- Inadequate drainage around your foundation can be a major contributor to foundation damage and settling in the future and additional steps such as installation of drainage correction methods can help to prevent future foundation issues.